If you’re a small or medium sized enterprise, churning out content everyday can be monotonous and most often, you find that you need to shake things up a bit to get your page noticed.
93% of businesses are currently leveraging social media to gain more customers, acquire new businesses deals or to build brand loyalty. So if you need to stand out from the competition and effectively attract customers and other businesses, you need creative social media content. So here are our top tips to get you started!
(Image via @brainwaves-ni.org)
While a lot of information can be got over the Internet, you’re more likely to get heard when you share your experience. It could be anything- A problem you solved, an issue you faced, tips etc. It helps to build relationships and find other like minded people to share expert tips with.
2. Post a Photo and ask your fans what they think it could be- Our Mystery Photo round !
Help create a sense of excitement with your brand.
3. Caption this- National Geographic on their Facebook channel does this beautifully and it gets high engagement too! Post a photo and ask your fans to caption it or what they think it represents. It’s perfect for increasing engagement and you get an idea what your audience are like.
4. Share a Video- Videos are the most shared form of content and gets maximum attention in the social media world! So share a video of your own or something that interested you. It’s good to cross promote too !
5. Where’s Waldo or the picture hunt- Post a photo and ask your fans to find any of your brand items, raw materials, finished products etc. It’s fun and gets people to participate!
6. “I spy something with my little eye” – Similar to the picture hunt but you can give them specific things to look for in the picture rather than looking for random things in the picture.
7. Change the Profile picture and Cover photo: Spice it up with different pictures to keep the page active. Keep coming up with creative images that reflect your brand’s vision.
8. Share Funny Stuff- Photos of your office fun, videos you stumble upon from the web, funny images etc. Humour always works well on social media and it helps to lighten the posts for the day.
9. Share 2-3 pictures and ask which of them your fans like best -It garners interesting responses and provides good insights to what your audience likes.
10. Riddle me this!
(Image via Bubbleviews.com)
Ask a Riddle or ask them to unscramble a word Jumble-Break the monotony of posts with this fun game!
11. Create a teaser campaign: When you want to test a thought that hasn’t quite made it big as yet, create a teaser and keep referring to it in your posts to gather curiosity and to build conversations about the topic or thought. You will know what works , how to change anything or how to make it better.
12.Create a ‘ Behind the Scenes’ video series: Use a smartphone or tablet to record your own ‘behind the scenes’ video to show what you’re working on (outlines, schedules, raw materials and so on). Remember to keep it short and sweet!
13.Share your ideas on a new marketing plan or campaign idea and ask your audience what they think of it. What better way to find out what they really like?
14. ‘Did you know’? Fun fact or Trivia- Each week post a fun fact or trivia, a small way to merge education and entertainment don’t you think?
15. Share inspirational quotes- Short Inspirational quotes to motivate your fans during the week.
16. Share Live testimonies: Share the testimonies your clients, fans or friends have of you and your work. Show your fans what you’re like!
17. Fill in the blanks:
I prefer ______________________ to chocolate. A once a week post to build engagement and personalize with your fans.
18. Provide Expert or Handy tips –
19.Pin it to win it! A contest that works like this. Ask your fans to follow you on Pinterest and repin photos from your board named ‘Brand X’s Pin it to win it Board’ and a #BrandXpinittowinit and get fans to participate from across your social media channels. Choose a winner at the end and offer them a prize.
20. Offer a Facebook Fan’s only offer
21. Ask me anything day!- A chance for your fans to ask you questions on that particular day every week. A chance to give them hands on advice, tips, lessons etc
22. Fact or Myth? Works similar to Did you know? at no 14
23. Use the ‘Coming Soon’ Message across all your social media channels to let your audience know that something exciting is about to happen!
Try these handy tips and get more followers and build relationships with your fans on all your channels!
Let us know how it works! What creative ideas do you use on your campaign?