On a personal level individuals use Pinterest for dozens of reasons and statistics will tell you just how awesome it is but on a business level, users have found it a great tool for engagement.
In today’s post, we’ll tell you how to rock ‘Rich Pins’ for your business.
‘Rich Pins’ are pins that include more information about pinned images; they include more information on products (see examples), recipes (see examples), movies (see examples), articles (see examples) although they may not be suitable for every business profile, they do however work as a powerful tool that both you & your audience will love because it is a time saver really, eliminating the need to manually update each pin with content.
The advantage of using Rich Pins is that they always display the latest information for pins because they are updated from the Meta data that is placed on a business webpage , if you are having a sale or a promo or increase in price, everything on Pinterest is synched to what is currently present on your website making shopping or finding information easier!
Product Rich Pins:
Recipe Rich Pins:
Movie Rich Pins:
So why should you have Rich Pins for your business?
- Automatic Updation: As mentioned above, no manual editing, 70% of people on Pinterest use it for inspiration on what to buy, if they’re in the area they might come over and check out your store!
- Increased Visibility: Rich pins include your business/brand name & logo underneath the image. The more it is shared the more you’re known!
- Product Pins display current prices, availability and where to buy them. Recipe pins allow information like ingredients, cooking times and temperatures, calories per serving to be displayed while Movie pins display reviews, ratings and cast members, Article pins show the source of the article, the writer, a brief description and you can create a board that will act like a reading list, something that is immensely useful for readers an content sites alike.
So you get all that by just clicking on one image! You could read more on why Rich pins are so valuable for business here (Source: Social Media Examiner)
- In May 2012, Shopify did a study that showed an average sales order of $80 from Pinterest referral traffic, compared to $40 from Facebook referral traffic. Pins with prices were also 16% more likely to get likes than those without.
- In February 2013, Sephora found that Pinterest users spent 15 times more than Facebook users.
- In February 2013, Business Insider noted that Pinterest now has 25 million users, many of whom are wealthy young females who love to shop.
Okay this is exciting right? Now on to how to get them!
Pinterest has a developer’s page that explains very clearly how to get Rich pins. These are the steps involved:
– Determine which type of pin you want to receive the rich text application
– Determine the method of embedding for content. oEmbed or Semantic Markup (Schema.org or Open Graph metatags)
– Apply for your rich pins to be accepted and used
– Add the Meta tags on your website
– Validate and apply rich pins
Now encourage your customers to share images too, it will help with the reviews, engagement and in getting more views for your website and store.
If you want you can choose to opt out of rich pins by using the Meta tag <meta name="pinterest-rich-pin" content="false" /> within the head section of the HTML markup page.
Increase Brand exposure with Rich pins and watch how it works for your business. With Christmas around the corner this will be well worth it!
What do you think about Rich pins? Have you integrated in into your website as yet? Here are a few examples of companies for whom rich pins have worked, and we hope it inspires you too!
Let us know what you think!
Happy Pinning folks!