BOOSTING THE BATTERY LIFE ON iOS 7
There are many happy users of iOS7 since it’s recent update; however there seems to be a few issues with the battery life. Previous users of iOS 5 have mentioned the faster battery drain since the update.
Packed with goodies like new design, interface, itunes radio, music streaming, ‘Air Drop’ etc., iOS 7 is definitely more power-hungry than iOS 6.
So, we’ve put down a few tips for you to maintain your battery life:
- Switch off Background app updates: Automatic downloads for new versions of apps in the background are a high energy –sucker. Simply disable it by going to settings>iTunes and App store> Scroll down and toggle off the updates icon under the automatic downloads section.
- Try not to use the phone any more than you normally would: The excitement of having a new phone would mean trying out all the new, cool features as soon as you get it, but try to do it a little at a time. Also, your phone after you have just updated to iOS7 will start downloading apps and photos from your iCloud backup continually even over wi-fi.
- Turn off ‘Air-Drop’ when you don’t need it:
- Switch off Auto Brightness – Dim it down to make it more energy efficient. Under Settings>Wallpapers & Brightness> toggle off Auto Brightness
- Turn –off Wi-Fi searching: If you don’t need your phone to look for wi-fi that is connected in the area, turn it off.
- Turn-Off notifications that you don’t always need like the weather, stock etc.
- Switch –off location services: Simply go to settings>Privacy> Location services and toggle accordingly.
- Reduce the frequency of Push notifications- Choose from 15 minutes to half an hour or even the option of manual search for new data option.
More updates for the iOS 7 is sure to come and will fix the battery drain issues, but for now these will certainly do the trick.
Let us know if there are any more tips you would like to add or have used to make your battery last longer.
We’d like to hear from you!
(Image credit- Macworld)